Sign up for the W6 e-alerts for urban gardening news and tips, special offers and much more!
Our data protection promise: We will only use your data if you are the winner of this competition. Once the winner has been contacted, all entries stored by us will be deleted.
Plants get just as thirsty as us in this heat, so here are a few tips on keeping your garden, pots and houseplants well hydrated:
- A long, deep watering every two or three days is far more beneficial than a light, daily water. In hot weather be generous.
- Early morning or late evening is the best time to water, as less will evaporate. Avoid watering when the sun is shining on the garden – droplets on leaves can magnify the sun’s rays and scorch them.
- Water at the base of the plant to avoid getting leaves wet.
- Remember that watering washes away naturally-occurring nutrients in the soil, so the more you water, the more you need to fertilise. This is especially true of plants in pots.
- Check your houseplants every other day. Stick your finger in the soil and judge the moisture levels a couple of centimetres down.
- Know your plants’ needs – some need to be kept moist all the time, but others are more forgiving. Give us a shout if you are unsure!
- Again, a deep watering less regularly is better than a light one everyday.
- Don’t water in direct sunlight to protect those leaves.
- Feed weekly during the Spring and Summer months to replace those washed-away nutrients.
Of course, children are always welcome and we have some very special dishes just for them.
Expertly brewed coffee, superfood lattes and a wide selection of teas are served all day – perfect with a slice of one our refined sugar-free cakes.
plants and gardening can be a natural part
of your city life.
Louise Alhadeff, outdoor plant director at N1 and W6 and her team of plant specialists, work in close collaboration with selected nurseries to ensure the quality of all plants. To make sure our customers get the quality they’ve come to expect, every plant delivery is checked upon arrival.
(We will only use the information we collect here to contact you about a quote, and will not use it for any other purpose, or share it with anyone else)
plants can be an essential part of urban life.
In the indoor sections of W6 Garden Centre you will also find on-trend home accessories, pots and furniture. All items are handpicked by Paul, and selected from all over the globe.
So come and see us, join us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or send us an e-mail. You never know what new and exciting discoveries you will make…
See you soon!
MON – FRI 8.30am – 5.00pm
SAT – SUN 9.30pm – 6.00pm
FOUNDER AND CHAIRMANBeryl is widely recognised as an inspirational force within the garden centre industry. Through N1 and W6, she has been able to bring her two passions, gardening and business, together. She maintains an active role overseeing both N1 and W6 Garden Centres.
CREATIVE DIRECTORFullfilling his dream to bring exciting plants to urban dwellers, Paul combines his great passion for indoor plants and on-trend home accessories with a degree in horticulture.
OUTDOOR PLANT MANAGERAlways keen to take on a new challenge, as long it includes plants, people and dogs, Louise was thrilled to be offered the opportunity of running W6 Garden Centre.